I was asked to create a logo for an online performing arts course.  The client wanted to fuse a classic looking microphone with a modern design.  The logo would replace their existing logo, and could be formatted for both print and digital.  The main purpose of the logo is to be used as the clients podcast avatar.

For this project, I began by sketching some quick ideas and practicing different types of microphones by hand.  I tried different perspectives and styles, to get a clearer idea of how to move forward.  Once I gathered a better understanding of the look, I found an image of a vintage microphone and I took Illustrator to began vectorizing!

You can see the sped up process here.

Leave a comment